Questions re comments and login at Help Desk

RosyFinch

10 Jun, 2019 06:20 PM

Yes, something has chnaged. On one post i saw that comments had been closed. On many more, the recommend label says recommended.

When i first came to this help section, there was a ntoice that my email had changed nad i needed to verify it ( not true). Then i was told i needed to log in

So i went to the main site to see I was loggd in.

Guess i will log off and in again....but suspect there has been some problem

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 12 Jun, 2019 04:23 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking your questions.

It looks like you have a few things going on. I'd like to discuss them one at a time, so let me know if I've missed anything.

First, yes, it's quite possible that you've seen a story that says comments are closed. That happens for all stories once they are over nine days old. If you see it on a newer story, then please copy and paste the URL of that story here so we can investigate.

I don't know what you mean by "the recommend label says recommended."

About coming to the Help Desk--on occasion we do have login carry-over issues. It looks like you succeeded in getting the Help Desk to recognize your Daily Kos login; I can see your DK user information here, in association with your email.

If you have any other questions, please return.

Thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac