screen drag is annoying

JMcDonald

09 Jun, 2019 01:04 AM

Screen-dragging with my MacBook touchpad recently got very annoying, wandering side to side instead of cleanly up/down.

Unless I move my fingers extremely precisely the text moves all over the place, making it hard to track things, especially if I'm using the finger-spread technique to expand/contract the view as I scroll.

Is there some setting to prevent that?

1. 1 Posted by JMcDonald on 09 Jun, 2019 01:09 AM

After view a few other sites I realize it might just be a matter of sensitivity. The same sideways finger motion here seems to cause much larger screen drift than on most ofter sites.

Whatever it is, though, it seems to have changed in the past month or so, since it never bothered me before.

2. 2 Posted by P Carey on 09 Jun, 2019 03:47 AM

I have an open ticket on this same issue. High Sierra, 10.13.6. Safari, 12.1.1. This only happens on DKos. That and the other ticket I was told was open was the back swipe on Mac--before I had to use the back arrow a couple times; it's up to three times in order to get back to the previous page.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 12 Jun, 2019 06:40 PM

Thanks. I'll make sure that these are both on the list of ticketed items.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac