No link to the Images tutorial

jinglebts

30 May, 2019 07:05 AM

There is no link to the Images tutorial. I use a Chrome browser.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 30 May, 2019 06:41 PM

Hello, and thanks for your inquiry. I hope to be able to fill in that gap, but could you please let me know where exactly it is? Appreciate your help with checking out our documentation.

2. 2 Posted by jinglebts on 31 May, 2019 06:54 AM

Thanks … it’s in the Images tutorial, in the last line, where it says “click here. I thing the linf to the tutorial link s/b under the word “here”.

The Image file is under the heading “DKos support / Knowledge Base / General tutorials / Using Images. I did try the general instructions under “Using images”, but the “Drag and Drop” didn’t work. Nothing happened.

The “nothing happened” psrt needs a little testing perhaps? Or could it be that I’m using Google Chrome?

Amy time you need a bit of help, I’m available — I wrote and edited user guides for nearly 20 years and all of it involved certain amount of testing. I’ve written have written at least three standards for various companies, all Chicago Manual—based. So I can work (at a distance) if you send me text to write / edit / test.

I do find your UI a tad confusing — it seems to be a bit busy.

I find your online discussions really freeing and stimulating and funny and I love that. Thank you for being there (here?). I’m looking forward to writing a diary, but all of them are so well written that it’s a bit daunting!

Again, thanks for being there!

Alix

PS. Please excuse any typos — I have an enormous cataract in my eye, which will be removed in July.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 31 May, 2019 02:25 PM

Great, thanks for the map to find the missing link. Appreciate the offer for further help. It's all very much a work in progress, building on resources created a while back.

Don't hesitate to take some steps to jump in to write actual posts. They're not ALL well-written, and anyone who has achieved some success with them will say that it takes practice. If you are aware of any interest group on the site you'd like to join, that path can often gain you some colleagues who will work with you on reviewing and refining your drafts for stories that would be published under the group's auspices.

Good luck with your surgery and recovery. Thanks for your kind words.

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 31 May, 2019 02:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac