Placed Twitter videos don’t load — replaced with error signs

Done4nau

29 May, 2019 10:37 PM

Today may 29, In woozle Wednesday every single tweet video is out of order. Since no one else mentioned it, am I using a wrong browser? I’m on an iPhone 5s using Safari. My iOS is up to date. It says it has a technical error

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 29 May, 2019 10:57 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

I'm not seeing any problems with that post, though I am not quite sure what you mean by "tweet video ... out of order." The embedded tweets that I see (and I am looking with a slightly newer iPhone) display as expected.

Sometimes the site or story just loads poorly. There are a couple of things you can try. One is a simple close and open of the site. Another is to clear your data for the site on Safari. It takes a few steps but it's not hard. If you're not familiar with the process, please read through these steps before you give it a whirl.

On your phone, go to the Settings icon, then to Safari. Scroll allll the way down to Advanced. Use the arrow pointing right. Then on the Advanced page, use the Website Data arrow. On that page, you'll see a searchable list of the websites that have stored data on your phone (usually cookies). Find dailykos.com and swipe LEFT. You'll see a red DELETE button.

If you click it, which I recommend doing from time to time anyway, all the little signals we send to your phone for you as a user will return to the default condition. That means you'll have to login again, and you'll have to be on the lookout for other site settings (especially for comments) that will possibly have been reset. But clearing the site data will permit new data to load much better and faster.

Thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 29 May, 2019 10:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac