Comments not loading

Otteray Scribe

29 May, 2019 12:54 PM

This is more a heads up than anything else. Firefox updated last night with a newer look. This morning, I posted Morning Open Thread, only to discover comments are either slow loading, or don't load at all unless I back out of DKos and try again, sometimes two or three times before I can get them to load. Sometimes, the comments load, but do not show whether comments were recommended or not. However, if I hover over the comment rec box, it does show who recommended the comment, including me.

I am pretty sure the problem is FIrefox and not on your end, so it seems that something about the latest iteration of Firefox is the likely problem.

1. 1 Posted by Onomastic on 29 May, 2019 01:23 PM

Not necessarily. Having the same problem with Chrome. Lots of people are having lots of problems with the site this morning.
    Just tired to reload a diary on the site and got a 502 Bad Gateway message on my Chrome Book, among other things.
    Comments to a post are not showing up. The right side of the page is not showing up. comments are taking forever to post, etc.
    The site is a mess.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 29 May, 2019 05:20 PM

Hello, and thank you both for sounding the alarm here.
    All should be back to normal now, as other staff noticed the issues at about this time of day and alerted the developers. Sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 29 May, 2019 05:20 PM.

4. Onomastic re-opened this discussion on 29 May, 2019 05:41 PM

5. 3 Posted by Onomastic on 29 May, 2019 05:41 PM

Thank you for fixing the issues. Having the site functional again was a huge relief.

6. 4 Posted by misspatriot on 29 May, 2019 05:54 PM

I just finished typing a comment. It failed to load. I refreshed the page. Now, no way to re-try posting my comment. Went from bad to worse.

7. 5 Posted by Otteray Scribe on 29 May, 2019 06:00 PM

misspatriot,
    If you reload comments before posting, whatever you wrote will disappear. At least there is a "save" feature for diaries; that is, as long as you remember to hit "save" frequently. I wish we still had the Lazarus widget, but Firefox dropped it.

8. Support Staff 6 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 29 May, 2019 06:27 PM

Sorry, misspatriot.

When we have fully deployed the new comment system, even your draft comment will be retrievable. That should take place soon.

9. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 29 May, 2019 06:27 PM.

10. misspatriot re-opened this discussion on 29 May, 2019 08:17 PM

11. 7 Posted by misspatriot on 29 May, 2019 08:17 PM

THANK YOU.

12. Otteray Scribe closed this discussion on 31 May, 2019 01:28 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac