Expand comments issue

don corazon

24 May, 2019 04:07 PM

This may be related. Starting today, using Safari, the expand/contract indicators do not appear in the comments. The beginning of each comment appears, but I cannot expand any of them to read the full discussion. Yesterday, it worked fine. I brought up Firefox and that looks fine; so it's just Safari on my Mac that has this problem. - MacOS 10.14.4, Safari 12.1.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 24 May, 2019 04:08 PM

Hi and thanks.
    It might be related to the new comments, but it might also be your settings. Could you please confirm that you do not have your Comment Settings set for Collapse on Load? It's visible either on your Edit Profile page or at the top of every comment thread, just after the end of the story.

2. 2 Posted by don corazon on 24 May, 2019 06:16 PM

Everything is working fine on Safari today.  The collapse/expand indicators appear and work okay.  FYI my comments setting was "Collapse on Load".  But it would have been the same setting for Firefox which didn't have the problem yesterday.  Who knows?
    If you changed something, then thanks for the fix.

On Friday, May 24, 2019, 11:08:52 AM CDT, Daily Kos Staff <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv1577713048 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv1577713048 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

3. 3 Posted by karij on 24 May, 2019 08:02 PM

Everything was starting to work fine for me with the new software not it is back to the old system. I did not choose to go back to it. Just got home from work and it is back to the old one.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 24 May, 2019 08:19 PM

I am not sure; let's revisit the question if we need to do so once the new comments are restored to be the default mode. Thanks for the additional detail.
    So sorry, karij!
    I know, we're disappointed too. We discovered a small but significant glitch in the new code so we had to turn the comments off across the board until we can deploy the fix. So for the time being comments will not load in the new style by default.
    However, you MAY turn them on if you wish. To do so, go to https://www.dailykos.com/comments_beta/true and then navigate the site as you please. The new comments will display on every story.

5. 5 Posted by karij on 24 May, 2019 09:01 PM

Okay no prob!! Good luck it was really starting to work well for me at least.

6. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 17 Jun, 2019 12:24 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac