Not receiving my Daily Kos emails-- again.

Jennifer Lee

07 May, 2019 10:02 PM

This is the third time in about 7 years that this has happened. I am unaware of any time I have ever marked an Action Network email as spam. I went to Action Network's site last week, and took the "pledge" again. I am still not receiving my emails. I have tried to add "[email blocked]" to my list of contacts, but I noticed that for some reason "+500 34997" always gets tacked onto the end of the email address. I have no idea if this is part of my problem. Could someone please fix this for me? Also, at some point I paid $40 for a subscription, to avoid getting ads. Assuming that my year's subscription has not ended, I am hoping that when my emails are restored, they will be ad-free...? Thank you very much!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 09 May, 2019 03:32 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking here about your issue. There are some ways in which I can offer help, but others that I'll have to send you elsewhere for resolution.

First, let me reinstate your account right now. It's a two-step, or maybe three-step, process: after you sign the pledge, then you have to let us know, as you are doing now, and then we go make the adjustment to the list. The system updates overnight, so you should start getting emails tomorrow. That is, if this is the first time you've taken such a pledge. It's a one-time option, so I hope that we can get the other issues resolved for you.

Second, I do not know what to suggest about your email contacts list. I am not sure why the address continues to include those training characters. It's something you'll have to check with Yahoo about, perhaps. User support forums online might also have some answers for you. Let me add that it's not necessary for you to have taken specific action for our emails to wind up being identified as spam by your email host; often these determinations are made upstream from your inbox, so to speak, which is part of the difficulty. Putting our sending email on your contacts list is one kind of protection to put in place.

Third, your subscription is still in force and will auto-renew on 11/26/19 unless you cancel it before then. Thanks for your support!

Fourth, you raise a good question about your emails being ad-free. But no, they will not. The site subscription mechanism, indeed the whole site user registry, is completely independent from the email list, so there is no way to have the benefit of your site subscription applied there as well. Sorry.

Thanks for your continuing support of the mission of Daily Kos. I apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing in relationship to the email list and hope that these steps we've both taken will resolve the issue.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 09 May, 2019 03:32 PM.

3. Jennifer Lee re-opened this discussion on 09 May, 2019 04:48 PM

4. 2 Posted by Jennifer Lee on 09 May, 2019 04:48 PM

I will be eagerly waiting to see if my emails resume, tomorrow. Thank you for your efforts. I would like to clear up some apparent confusion. This is NOT the first time I have had to take "the pledge". As I mentioned in my message, this is the third time. I know it works more than once, because I have done it twice, before. As I said, I find it hard to believe that I have ever marked anything from Action Network as spam, nor have I directed my spam filter to block ANYTHING at all! Very few of my emails go to "spam", but much of what does is something I want to receive, so I always look at each one, and mark it "not spam", in that case.  I have never had any luck in contacting Yahoo, so I hope those "training characters" are not the problem. Although I am not very tech-savvy, I have tried my best to honor my "pledge", and to have this recur repeatedly is upsetting to me. I've read DK every day for about 4 years, and miss it, when this happens! (And WHAT a time for it to happen, with all that is going on in DC, right?) Thanks again- wish me luck!    Jennie

To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 11:33 AM
     Subject: Re: Not receiving my Daily Kos emails-- again. [Problems #175272]

#yiv8214769198 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv8214769198 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 09 May, 2019 05:04 PM

That's good, then. It's not often the case, though, so I'm glad it has worked for you before and hope it will continue to work for you now.
    It's a great habit of yours, to review what is being sent to spam. You are much more pro-active than most people. It seems extra-frustrating, then, for you to have this result when you're trying so hard to prevent it.
    Thanks again, and good luck for sure.

6. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 09 May, 2019 05:04 PM.

7. Jennifer Lee re-opened this discussion on 11 May, 2019 04:59 PM

8. 4 Posted by Jennifer Lee on 11 May, 2019 04:59 PM

I just received Daily Kos Recommended again. Thank you very much for all your help!

To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 1:04 PM
     Subject: Re: Not receiving my Daily Kos emails-- again. [Problems #175272]

#yiv9299621370 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv9299621370 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

9. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 11 May, 2019 05:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac