poll results visual bug

buddhistMonkey

06 Apr, 2019 11:51 PM

The bar charts that display Daily Kos poll results are inaccurate when displaying single-digit results. For example, there is currently a poll on the front page (see attached) where some of the results are 1%, 2%, and 3%. The 1% and 2% values have bars that are the same length, and the 3% bar is less than half their length. I suspect that whoever designed the polls wanted to make sure that small values like 1% and 2% didn’t disappear from the chart by being too thin, but the result is that an accurately drawn 3% bar is significantly thinner than an artificially thick 1% bar.

1. 1 Posted by Nova Land on 07 Apr, 2019 12:20 AM

This problem was previously reported back in March by Villanova Rhodes (and was reported again a few days ago) .

The help desk response as of March 14 was:

Thank you for the alert.

We do know of the issue and it has been ticketed. I'd guess odds for fixing it soon are pretty good. Sorry for the annoyance and thanks for your patience.

I think other matters (such as problems people have been having with seeing comments) have been taking up a good deal of help desk time the last few weeks and they haven't had time to fix the graph problem yet. But they are aware of the problem and are working on it, so hopefully the graph bars will look better soon..

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• A515621C-D1F2-494E-857C-E95EBF995C4E.png 369 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac