Daily Kos won’t accept my Stories

ML MARTIN

02 Apr, 2019 02:30 PM

If I POST A BLOG, IT WON’T BE ACCEPTED, BUT IMAGES ARE ACCEPTED, JUST NOT THE “STORY” THAT WITH WITH THE IMAGE.
IF I USE THE SAME IMAGE AS A COMMENT TO ANOTHER NEWS STORY OR COMMENT MY IMAGE IS ACCEPTED. I AM BEING INFORMED MY SERVER IS BAD. HELP

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 02 Apr, 2019 06:33 PM

Hello, and thanks for your inquiry.

We are trying to clarify what is going on for a few users who are having problems posting their stories.

Can you please report EXACTLY what the error message says? And we also need to know what operating system and browser you are using.

Thanks for your help with troubleshooting.

2. 2 Posted by ML MARTIN on 03 Apr, 2019 01:31 PM

What happens is I can upload my images...and use these images to comment on other stories, but I get this “Bad Request! (400). See below. It doesn’t matter where I am or which computer I own that I am using. I can’t post.

So I save the draft, but I can’t post my own blog or story.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 03 Apr, 2019 10:28 PM

Thanks. It is helpful to see the screenshot.

400-type errors are as you see noted, an indication of a failed communication between your computer browser and our site server. One set of issues is often the cause of such a failure, namely the absence of content in the title field, the body of the story, or the tag field.

Now, in your case it cuts off just above the level in the draft post that would be decisive. But I suspect the problem you have is that you do not have a tag for your story. It will not upload unless you have at least one tag. Note that tags can contain letters or numbers only, plus these three special characters: a hyphen, an ampersand, and a non-trailing period (-, &, and . in the middle of the tag string).

If that is NOT the problem you are having please return.

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 03 Apr, 2019 10:28 PM.

5. ML MARTIN re-opened this discussion on 03 Apr, 2019 10:35 PM

6. 4 Posted by ML MARTIN on 03 Apr, 2019 10:35 PM

Nope not it. I usually use tags. The sample I sent you may not.Again this has happened on two different computers and 3 different locations with different servers.

Sent from my iPad

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 03 Apr, 2019 10:49 PM

OK, but you haven't exactly answered my question.
    What happens if you supply a well-formed tag now and save the story? Can you publish it then?

8. 6 Posted by ML MARTIN on 04 Apr, 2019 11:53 PM

No

Sent from my iPad

9. 7 Posted by AKALib on 05 Apr, 2019 12:42 PM

I had a similar but not quite the same issue last night; similar error message when posting a new diary. But the moment I added a tag to the story, the problem went away.

10. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 05 Apr, 2019 02:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac