Can't comment

Justin Mikulka

25 Mar, 2019 10:04 PM

I haven't been able to post comments. Did I do something wrong?

1. 1 Posted by NamVet1 on 25 Mar, 2019 10:20 PM

I haven't been able to post for about a week now.

NamVet1

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Moderator1 on 26 Mar, 2019 10:16 PM

We have (mostly) good news to announce regarding the bug that has prevented commenting. We did implement a fix that we think should do the trick. Of course, the real test will be to see whether it is indeed sufficient for all users.

It seems that Safari (and possibly other browsers as well) has cached some empty or broken files from us and is failing to get new ones. As elfling put it, “HTTP/2 is not yet the future.” If you clear your cache for Daily Kos (and close/reopen your browser) now, it SHOULD get new files and the problem shouldn't recur.

Please note: From what we can tell, the problem will not self-correct, which means you do need to clear the cache for Daily Kos. After you clear your cache, close and reopen your browser before you start anew. (Instructions for clearing a browser cache, either on a desktop or a mobile browser, are available in many locations online.) Elfling and others on the dev team will be on the lookout for similar problems either on Safari or the other standard browsers.

Meanwhile, if after you clear your cache and close/reopen your browser, you have the problem appear again, PLEASE let us know here that so we can look for other solutions.

Thanks for your patience. We do realize this has been very frustrating for all of us, and that includes staff.

3. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 26 Mar, 2019 10:16 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac