The "Republish"* function has disappeared!

Eyesbright

09 Feb, 2019 10:13 PM

*Perhaps called "Add to Blog" (or similar)
There are diaries that I want to Republish to appropriate groups - BUT - there is no Republish* button on them.
The best example is a front page diary by Hunter:
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/2/9/1833094/-South-Carolina-Republicans-introduce-new-personhood-bills-banning-nearly-all-abortions

I glanced at a few other diaries and none seem to have the Republish* function (button).
This is a Big Deal to those of us who are group admins.

Please look in to (and, hopefully, fix) this ASAP!

Note: I also tried logging out of everything, purging my cache completely and logging back in. It made no difference.
I'm running Firefox, v. 65.0 (newest), on Windows 7.

1. 1 Posted by siab on 10 Feb, 2019 03:15 AM

I checked on mine, and "Add to Blog" show up just fine above "RSS". If both of them are missing for you, it may be a problem with an ad blocker, the same way that the Edit link disappears for some people.

I do have a note to add, though, on the same subject - when I tested the link, I was not offered a choice between my Groups, only a single possibility. This was probably not intended - at least I hope not, so I'm hoping someone on Staff will check it out.

2. 2 Posted by Eyesbright on 10 Feb, 2019 09:00 PM

I've experimented and experimented. Unfortunately, it seems that, all of a sudden, with the change having occurred in just the last day or so, it's Ad Blocker Plus that is somehow causing that "Add to Blog" function to disappear. I've been running ABP for quite a while and this change from them is totally new. OTOH, the change may not be from them (and probably isn't) and, instead, is being caused by something changed by DK.

So, now, when I want to republish something, I'll turn Ad Blocker Plus off, republish whatever diary needs to go to a particular group, and then Turn Ad Blocker Plus On Again!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 14 Feb, 2019 04:51 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking. Sorry not to have replied sooner.

We're not hearing any widespread complaints about the ability to republish going missing, so it's likely that the cause is something stemming from Ad Blocker Plus. There is such a huge number of extensions and add-ons available, we have no way to ensure compatibility (even if we were inclined to do so).

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 14 Feb, 2019 04:51 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac