Unable to sign petitions

Judy Harris (unverified)

30 Jan, 2019 05:37 PM

I am regularly getting error pages that say my zip code is incorrect. It isn't - it autofills & is the same zip code I've had for over 3 years.

1. 1 Posted by Dave Moore (unv... on 30 Jan, 2019 07:48 PM

same problem today on making the Mueller report public

2. 2 Posted by acras on 01 Feb, 2019 04:09 AM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Petitions return error message

I had been able to sign petitions with no problem. But recently the system says “uh-oh there seems to be an error.“

I’d really like to sign these petitions,. Don’t see much point in them being available if I constantly get kicked out.

I would suggest that perhaps a new “update“ has bugs that need fixing.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 04 Feb, 2019 11:06 PM

Hello, and apologies for the delay in replying.

Computers are less reliable than we would wish, no question, and it's possible that there's simply a glitch in processing. I recommend starting with clearing your cookies and cache for Daily Kos. That will eliminate any bad/stale data interfering with the uploading of petition information.

From your user records, however, it seems that both of you actually succeeded in getting your petition action to "take." Every once in a while, we see indications that the error is in reporting an error, if you know what I mean. The process works as it should, and yet an error message is transmitted.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to open a separate, private ticket here. That way we can more comfortably discuss questions related to your mailing address in confidence.

Thanks to you both for your support of the mission of the site.

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 04 Feb, 2019 11:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac