Straw Poll

James A. Davis (unverified)

22 Jan, 2019 09:51 PM

It asks for my e-mail, won't let me vote unless I put in my e-mail, and I can't find a place to ENTER my e-mail. Do you not like Bernie Sanders supporters?

1. 1 Posted by janc on 22 Jan, 2019 09:56 PM

I created an account, signed in, but can’t vote.

2. 2 Posted by James A. Davis ... on 22 Jan, 2019 10:00 PM

I've had an account for ages. but it still won't let me.

3. 3 Posted by janc on 22 Jan, 2019 10:05 PM

How does one with the administrator of the site know?

jancunningham.net

Sent from my iPhone

4. 4 Posted by Pikeski (unveri... on 23 Jan, 2019 01:05 AM

I have had an account for ages and coldn’t vote either!

5. 5 Posted by Dan (unverified... on 23 Jan, 2019 01:30 AM

Same here. Logged in but can't vote.

6. 6 Posted by Marlynne Pike (... on 23 Jan, 2019 01:34 AM

Hopefully the will fix it.

Sent from my iPad

7. 7 Posted by Henry A on 23 Jan, 2019 02:14 AM

Forget about it!! I just won’t vote in this bullshit poll!

8. 8 Posted by jim (unverified... on 23 Jan, 2019 02:23 AM

If you want response, then you need to accept it.

9. 9 Posted by daniel fink (un... on 23 Jan, 2019 02:37 AM

It asks for my e-mail to vote.
    you should have it, I'm signed in
    what the hell do I do?

10. 10 Posted by Jewels (unverif... on 23 Jan, 2019 03:12 AM

I give to Daily Kos. I get emails all the time! I give little money here and there.

I am sent the straw poll, accepted my vote without being logged in - but then when I want to place a comment - asks me to login - so I use the email that they sent me the Straw Poll to - and ask to reset password - and am told I don't have an account. Which makes NADA sense! Urgh.

They should have Kirsten Gillibrand listed, as she is in the race.

I'm for Bernie, next Warren, next Beto.

11. 11 Posted by Nova Land on 23 Jan, 2019 02:05 PM

The problem people are having with the Daily Kos straw poll sounds very similar to a problem a number of us were having recently accessing this Daily Kos help desk area: we're logged in, but the system doesn't see us as being logged in and asks for our username and e-mail address.

So for the people who are having trouble voting in the poll because the system doesn't recognize you as a logged in user, it might be worth trying the same thing that we've been using to get recognized as logged in by the help desk.

We're unrecognized when we come to the help desk using the Help button on regular pages on the site, such as from the front page or from an article we've been looking at -- pages which have the Help button in the middle of the line near the top of the page with DAILY KOS in big letters on the left and a link to our profile on the right. But if we go to our profile page or our stream or our comments page or our messages page -- pages which have the Help button at the top right corner -- when we get to the help desk the site recognizes us as logged in with no problem.

So I'd suggest those of you having trouble voting in the poll try that to see if it works for you. First, go to Kos's profile page. Once you're there, go to the list of his recent diaries. Find the link for the current straw poll diary, click it, and see if that makes it possible for you to vote in the straw poll.

I don't know if that will work, but I think it could be worth a try. Good luck!

12. 12 Posted by Lharnold (unver... on 23 Jan, 2019 03:21 PM

Feeling the Bern. Bernie Sanders for President !

13. 13 Posted by waynebwv (unver... on 23 Jan, 2019 04:32 PM

Tried the approach suggested by Nova Land. Entered the poll via Kos's profile page. Still asked me for an email to vote without providing a way to enter my address.

14. 14 Posted by CloClo (unverif... on 23 Jan, 2019 05:58 PM

Even though I jumped through the hoops and registered, it would NOT (14 tries) let me vote in the straw poll. (Elizabeth Warren) More important, I wish you would NOT FAVOR ONE CANDIDATE! You did that with Bernie, and lost my support for quite a few months. What's the point of throwing everyone else off the bus? We want to be in this TOGETHER. Wait until ONE candidate is nominated, and then let's all work super hard for that one candidate. Don't be divisive. Be inclusive.

15. 15 Posted by Nova Land on 23 Jan, 2019 06:59 PM

Tried the approach suggested by Nova Land. Entered the poll via Kos's profile page. Still asked me for an email to vote without providing a way to enter my address.

Sorry to hear that.

And I see you posted a comment in the comment thread on the poll shortly before posting your comment on this help desk thread, so you obviously were logged into DK at the time. Looks like the idea I suggested doesn't help, then.

(I notice, though, that the programming underlying the help desk isn't recognizing you as being logged in. That's why the line at the top of your comment reads "posted by Waynebwv (unverified)" while the line at the top of my comments reads simply "posted by Nova Land"; it recognizes me as being logged in but isn't recognizing it for you. If you go to your profile page or comments page or messages page -- or even to someone else's profile page, such as kos' -- and click the Help button from there in order to come here to the help desk, you should then be recognized as logged in when you get here, which will make entering comments a little easier. But apparently that trick won't work for getting Kos' straw poll to recognize you as logged in.)

16. 16 Posted by melanie (unveri... on 23 Jan, 2019 07:42 PM

It wont let me vote It asks for me to give my email address but there is no place to give it

17. Support Staff 17 Posted by Moderator1 on 23 Jan, 2019 08:14 PM

Thank you everyone for bringing this to our attention. We're aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. Yesterday's poll is about to close to votes, but please be aware that kos will post another straw poll soon, and by that time all of the bugs in this new feature should be worked out. Our apologies for the confusion and frustration that the current release may have caused you.

18. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 23 Jan, 2019 08:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac