Change username

maryfrost1

22 Jan, 2019 09:01 PM

I just joined and would like to change my username but can’t find admin site? How to go about it?

1. 1 Posted by PaleoCortex on 22 Jan, 2019 11:34 PM

Using your real name is not cool Mary. I suggest delete and re-up. Maybe as
    Frosty Mary as your new user name

2. 2 Posted by Nova Land on 23 Jan, 2019 02:18 AM

This is probably something which the Help Desk would rather handle privately than publicly. I'd suggest closing this thread (or at least not commenting in it any more) and opening a new one in the Community and Moderation Issues section (where the threads are private).

PS: Be sure not to post any comments prior to getting the name change. The Help Desk people may be willing to help you change your username if you haven't posted any comments under the original username, but once you have posted any comments they are generally not willing to let you change it.

(But, as PaleoCortex mentioned, it is permitted to stop using an account and open a new one, so long as you only use one of those accounts. Posting comments from two separate accounts is a serious violation of the rules and would get you banned.)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac