Presidential Straw Poll Won't Let Me Vote

Justus

22 Jan, 2019 06:00 PM

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/1/22/1828287/-Daily-Kos-Democ...
I click on my choice, then Vote. I get a pop up box that says: You must provide an email address to vote on this poll. and provides and OK button.
I am signed in, my email address is in my profile. I get emails from DK regularly at that address. What gives? How do I provide an email address when I already have one provided that DK is using?
I don't want to go all CT, but is it because of the choice I make in the poll? Or maybe it doesn't work in Firefox?

1. 1 Posted by luckytwin on 22 Jan, 2019 06:03 PM

I am using Chrome and got the same result. Did Daily KOS not like my choice???

2. 2 Posted by Justus on 22 Jan, 2019 06:08 PM

I read down the comments, apparently the poll doesn't like Firefox. Also reported are some troubles using Chrome. See: https://www.dailykos.com/comments/1828287/72673972#comment_72673972

Apparently Safari and Internet Exploder are approved browsers.

3. 3 Posted by Justus on 22 Jan, 2019 06:22 PM

I went to my Android device and opened the poll in the Firefox Focus browser. It went directly to the poll results. Then I opened DK in the Dolphin browser. It gave me a box to fill in my email address at the bottom of the poll. Voted that way. So Safari, IE and Dolphin work, at least.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 22 Jan, 2019 06:42 PM

Thanks for raising the issue and offering a workaround. We're attending to the underlying problem.
    We appreciate your support of the mission of the site.

5. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 22 Jan, 2019 06:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac