NO- Mobile/Text Messages Please!

Louanne (unverified)

16 Jan, 2019 08:54 PM

I did not sign up for the Daily Kos mobile action list, but am now receiving text messages
Please UNSUBSCRIBE me from these
I still want to receive the Daily Kos emails, but NOT mobile messages
Please confirm you can fix this as again, I did NOT request to receive them via my phone
Thank you

1. 1 Posted by John (unverifie... on 16 Jan, 2019 11:21 PM

This also happened to me. Today I received a text message from the Daily Kos. I did not sign up for the Daily Kos mobile action list, but am now receiving text messages
    Please UNSUBSCRIBE me from these
    I still want to receive the Daily Kos emails, but NOT mobile messages
    Please confirm you can fix this as again, I did NOT request to receive them via my phone
    Mahalo

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 16 Jan, 2019 11:31 PM

Thanks for contacting us about text messages. We do not want to send texts to anyone who does not want to receive them. Our phone lists consist of numbers that people have supplied to us; giving us that contact information as part of signing a petition is optional.

It’s fortunately very easy for you to take action to put an end to the text messages. Reply STOP to the message, and that will immediately get your number off of our list. Indeed, we do know that one of you (the person who created this query) has already used the STOP option and is now off of the texting list.

If you happen to receive more texts from us, please return to let us know. We would definitely want to hear about that problem, because it’s in our interest as well to make sure that we send them only to those who want them. So far, we have found that the system is very reliable.

We appreciate your support of the mission of the site.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2019 11:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac