The Orange Dot

aggieric

31 Dec, 2018 05:45 PM

Two issues with the Orange Dot of Hell. (I'm OCD - I CANNOT have Orange Dots. I recognize that the OCD is my issue, but, but....technology!)

1) I read every response to my comments - always - because I can't handle the Orange Dot of Hell staring at me from the Header. And yet, I logged in today on my desktop and comments from MONTHS ago are now showing as unread. I've gone all the way back to September so far "re-reading" every reply to my comments, but it's unending. What happened? How did all of the comments I read months ago suddenly become "unread" and Orange Dotted again? Am I going to have to go all the way back to 2005 to get rid of the Orange Dot of Hell?

2) Something I've been wondering about for some time: I read DKos on 4 different devices: desktop, Chromebook, Samsung tablet and iPhone; always, on every device, logged into my DKos account. I read replies to my comments on one device - I get rid of all the Orange Dots and thus, the Orange Dot of Hell in the header. Later in the day, or the next day, I have cause to use a different device, the Orange Dot of Hell is there in the header, indicting not only any new responses but also indicating that I haven't read all the replies to my comments. But I have! On a different device. But still, always logged in to my DKos account. Is there not a way for that reading history to be attached to one's account, rather than one's specific device?

Don't get me wrong - I LIKE knowing that someone has responded to my comment and I always read them. But.......

1. 1 Posted by aggieric on 01 Jan, 2019 01:54 AM

Back on my Chromebook now and sure 'nough, I'm showing all caught up on the replies to my comments - no orange dots anywhere.

2. 2 Posted by aggieric on 02 Jan, 2019 04:28 PM

Don't know what changed, but things are back to normal. If it was a glitch in the great ether, it's done. If y'all did something, thank you.

3. aggieric closed this discussion on 02 Jan, 2019 04:28 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac