Timestamp display is messed up, apparently by daylight savings

Rob in Vermont

20 Dec, 2018 05:48 AM

I was looking at a diary I posted back in October, and noticed the timestamp on the diary and the comments are 1 hour off. (I know I posted the diary at 11am Eastern but the diary is displaying the timestamp as 10am.) I looked at more recent diaries of mine and the timestamps are correct; the diaries with correct timestamps were all posted after the Daylight Savings "fall back" date.

Interestingly, when I click on a diary, the correct timestamp *(in Pacific time)* momentarily appears on the byline (for example, the October diary I know I posted at 11am Eastern momentarily displays the timestamp as 8am...and then the display changes to 10am, while more recent diaries which I posted at 11am show 8am momentarily, and then display 11am.) So it would appear that the bug is not in the database's internal timestamp for the post, but in the code which converts the internal timestamp to the user's timezone for display purposes.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac