error message appearing on DKos home page.

elenacarlena

06 Dec, 2018 09:43 PM

This comment was split from the discussion: error message appearing on DKos home page.

I'm repeatedly getting an "Error 503" message. Then I reload and it's OK for a little while. Then I get it again. Happens on all pages, including "my replies" and "group messages," and any diaries I happen to click on.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 06 Dec, 2018 10:03 PM

Hi, and thanks for asking. I split off this query because it might be a little different from the other issues raised in the original thread.

Now that you mention it, we do want to know more. Can you pin it down to a particular span of time at all? If you can, then we could track back to see if it connects to any site updates we were running. And is it still happening even now, or did it stop?

Also, we'd like to know a bit more about pages that throw the 503s, or at least confirm: are you're seeing this happen both when you attempt to get at your personal pages (the Perl style, associated with DK4) and also with regular site pages? All site pages, that is, the front page and blog pages, or only individual story pages?

Thanks a lot for your help with details. They'll inform our course of action.

2. 2 Posted by siab on 06 Dec, 2018 11:11 PM

I've gotten the same 503 error page - most usually when linking from the Hiddens page to the top diary on the Recent list just after refreshing the page. Also other links, but generally no more than one repetition of the error on any given link at the time. Usual length of time, a few seconds to a minute.

The freaky part is when I get an error message through the Help Link on the DK5 page = it's not a 503 error, but I think it refers to Hercules... Again it seldom repeats, and comes at what seems to be random times.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 07 Dec, 2018 04:24 AM

Interesting, siab. I'll check them out to see if I can get these to happen. Thanks.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac