Start Writing

Jennifer Lee

04 Dec, 2018 12:58 AM

The "Start Writing" button is on the fritz, again! I was all set to comment on the wrongful machinations of the GOP in Wisconsin, who are trying to prevent the will of the voters from being carried out. I hope someone remembers how they fixed it last time, not long ago!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 05 Dec, 2018 02:43 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking for help.

Could you please be a little more explicit about the problem? I don't know where to look from the information you supplied. Does the Start Writing button fail to open a form for you? Or does it work and then you're blocked at some point along the way? The latter problem is the kind of issue we had recently, so that's what I'm trying to clarify.

It's also true that if you have not tried to complete a petition/letter since we made our last fix, you might still have old, broken code from us on your browser. Please clear your cookies and cache, close your browser, and reboot your system to get a fresh start and newly-downloaded information once you open our site again.

Thanks for your help with troubleshooting.

2. 2 Posted by Jennifer Lee on 05 Dec, 2018 02:58 PM

Sorry I'm not very helpful. I'm not sure whether I have clicked a "Start writing" button since the previous trouble. What happened was, I clicked the button and it Immediately said "Thanks for signing!" without giving me a chance to write anything.

To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 9:43 AM
     Subject: Re: Start Writing [Problems #165546]

#yiv9890933145 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv9890933145 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 07 Dec, 2018 04:46 AM

Ah ha! Actually, that is very helpful now. Thank you.
    So this is the deal. Some of the petitions we offer are simply that -- petitions that don't ask anything else of you besides adding your name to it. If we already have your name and email on record, then you'll see very little "new" information requested. Instead, you'll see, "Not Jennifer? Click here" and also a Sign Now button. If you click the top option, then you'll immediately see a set of empty fields to fill in. But if you click the Sign Now button, you'll then be redirected immediately to a Thank You (and then a donation) display. It's not an error.
    Hope this helps! If you do wind up with a Start Writing button, then have trouble when you click it, please feel free to return, providing as much detail as you can capture.
    Thanks for your support of the mission of the site!

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 07 Dec, 2018 04:46 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac