The browser hijacker is back

Kathy (unverified)

01 Dec, 2018 02:05 PM

Same is a couple weeks ago. Got it when I clicked on a diary on the front page. Using an iPhone 7 Plus chrome browser.

1. 1 Posted by elemenoPea on 01 Dec, 2018 02:44 PM

2. 2 Posted by roadlion on 01 Dec, 2018 03:21 PM

I switched to my Mac and it's fine. So maybe just a mobile site issue?

3. 3 Posted by elemenoPea on 01 Dec, 2018 03:35 PM

4. 4 Posted by Yoshimi on 01 Dec, 2018 05:00 PM

I’m out of here. This is the low tech crap you find on yahoo or excite.

5. 5 Posted by shmuelman on 01 Dec, 2018 05:14 PM

I am getting hijacks and Norton resetting the connection due to attack on Windows 10 Firefox.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by elfling on 01 Dec, 2018 05:16 PM

Seems clear we're getting attacked on Saturday mornings. I'm on it. Thanks for the alerts and so so sorry for the inconvenience.

7. 7 Posted by NeverEverAgain on 01 Dec, 2018 05:21 PM

Just happened to me, mobile iPhone 6s, clicking on ‘Reccommended’ tab at the top. Screenshot:

8. 8 Posted by NeverEverAgain on 01 Dec, 2018 05:25 PM

FYI Qwest is the internet connection at home, but NOT the carrier for my iPhone, if that helps at all ;)

9. 9 Posted by KGB hates US on 03 Dec, 2018 01:38 PM

Is this in any way related to the multiple redirects I get when accessing dailyKos?
    "Secret Agent has detected a suspected attempt to hijack a request, and redirect it to another web server. Your web surfing may be subject to surveillance.https:..secure.gravatar.com/avatar7b00...images.dailykos.com/i/default_avatar.gifwas redirected to https://i1.wp.com/images.dailykos.com/i/default_avatar.gif?ssl=1 using a 302 redirect message" This particular one is probably just advertising, but I am also getting redirects to Facebook and Twitter servers, and mirror servers when accessing DailyKos. Because I access from a hardened PC I can catch these redirects. This would not be possible from a monile browser.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac