No mobile screen mode?

Linnea Gutierrez (unverified)

30 Nov, 2018 09:45 PM

When following a link from Facebook on my Smartphone, I no longer get the mobile mode with smaller format - instead I get the fully detailed large display mode suitable for laptops or desktop computers.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 30 Nov, 2018 10:51 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

It's easy to get back to the mobile version. There are several ways to do so, some more persistent than others.

One of them is to scroll way, way down to the bottom of the home page. (It is a very long way on most mobiles.) Just above the black footer section, you'll see a couple of orange links toward the right margin. One of those links says "View Mobile Site." Click on it, and the page will redirect to the mobile view.

But the next time you open a Daily Kos tab on your mobile device, you're likely to be sent to the full view again, because that's the last choice you made when you opened a tab, and the site is trying to be helpful. :)

Thus the more long-lasting way to get back to the mobile view is to delete your cookies ("website data") for Daily Kos from the mobile device. The mobile view is actually the default on a phone or tablet, so clearing cookies will cause the site to load the mobile page the next time you open a new tab for it. Rebooting the phone before going back to the site can help this reset, too.

The URL for each version is a little different, too.
    https://www.dailykos.com is the desktop (full) site.
    https://m.dailykos.com is the mobile site.

Thanks for your support of the mission of Daily Kos.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 30 Nov, 2018 10:51 PM.

3. Linnea Gutierrez-Wilson re-opened this discussion on 01 Dec, 2018 07:30 PM

4. 2 Posted by Linnea Gutierre... on 01 Dec, 2018 07:30 PM

I should have mentioned that I am clicking on a Daily Kos link posted on
    Facebook, within the Android Facebook app.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac