"Clipped" Comments

Decia

27 Nov, 2018 06:42 PM

I am a fan of Daily Kos, and I read many of your stories every day. I also like looking at the comments from other readers. It seems that very recently you have begun to show one line (usually) of a comment with ellipses to indicate that there is more. I am finding this very annoying and wonder why you have adopted this practice. It does make my enjoyment of your site much less enjoyable. Please reconsider this new practice. Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 28 Nov, 2018 04:34 PM

Hello, Decia, and thanks for your kind words and your question.

From what you say here, I suspect that somehow you wound up with your comments displayed in the "collapsed" or closed state. Take a look at each comment. Do you see a little arrow on the right side of each, with the point facing right? Try clicking on one of them. The point should then face down, and the rest of the comment (and any replies to it) should display fully.

There is a setting you can choose so that you see the full content of all comments by default. Look at the top of any comment thread, just above the comment reply box. You'll see a gray link in small type, Comment Settings. Click on it. Then you'll see some options. One of them will be Collapse on load. Unclick that box. Then click on Close Settings.

This choice now should apply across the board unless and until you change it; the setting is associated with your account.

If for some reason this does not resolve your question, please feel free to return. Thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 28 Nov, 2018 04:34 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac