Top of page - DK logo and all the rest - dropping down and leaving about 4" of white space

siab

26 Nov, 2018 07:54 AM

Windows 8, Dell inspiron laptop, Firefox latest.

Was happening when I came on at about 12:30 am Central. Just FYI

1. 1 Posted by siab on 26 Nov, 2018 08:28 AM

Slight correction - page originally loads with logo at top, then jumps down, leaving white space. Except that I'm not seeing any ads there, it would be the perfect spot for one, if I didn't have them turned off.

2. 2 Posted by m berr (unverif... on 26 Nov, 2018 02:29 PM

Today when I went to the site, an ad took over 33% of the margin of the page and I was unable to get to the listings of more articles.
    How does one get this to stop

3. 3 Posted by bleeding blue on 26 Nov, 2018 03:45 PM

Yep, same here. The top black menu loads, then goes away leaving a wide white margin at the top of the page. I first noticed it about 8:30 pm PST Sunday.

4. 4 Posted by Puddytat on 26 Nov, 2018 05:25 PM

Wasn't on the site over the weekend, but today it's just as siab and the others describe it.

Usually use IE 11, but I also tried it on Chrome with the same result.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 26 Nov, 2018 06:15 PM

You are all correct, even though what you see differs according to your circumstances.

The World Wildlife Fund has a special ad campaign with us today and tomorrow, for Cyber Monday and Giving Tuesday, because Daily Kos readers are an excellent audience for them.

Subscribers do not see the ads unless they choose to "show ads," but this time around the space at the top of the page that would go to the WWF ad is blank because the ad is hidden. We will fix it so that the next time we have such a special campaign there is no blank space.

You should still be able to access the all the articles on the site. The pulldown menus at the top of the page will display the relevant sections if you hover over them. News will show Front Page, Elections, etc., while Community will show Recommended, Most Shared, Recent, and Community Spotlight. The right sidebar should still be evident as well. If you can't see them at all on the front page then please let us know.

Thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

6. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 26 Nov, 2018 06:15 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac