Ads

njm5000

23 Nov, 2018 11:40 PM

I'm a subscriber and am getting ads at the start of diaries and within diaries.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 23 Nov, 2018 11:53 PM

Hi, njm.

Sorry you're encountering this issue. We have alerted the necessary folks.

In the expectation that it has been addressed, or will be shortly, please clear your cache and cookies before restarting your device. With new data on the site, that should get you back to the expected baseline.

We continue to monitor reports of problems, so thanks for the notification here, too.

2. 2 Posted by knotinthislife on 24 Nov, 2018 05:22 PM

Love the hyper-sexualized Taboola suggestive entries. (NOT)
    IS THIS NOW THE HUSTLER-LARRY FLYNT edition?

3. 3 Posted by knotinthislife on 25 Nov, 2018 10:39 AM

Will do, much appreciated.
    On Nov 25, 2018 12:11 AM, hdrinehart01 <[email blocked]> wrote:

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

I could also recommend ad-blocker, NoScript, if you're running Firefox, and cancelling your subscription. I am NOT a subscriber, and do not see ads, or the Civiqs banner and pop-ups that plague others, because I am running a scripting interceptor, NoScript, that requires me to allow certain parts of a web page before those parts display. When I only allow DKOS main page and GStatic, a google add-on that apparently controls image generation and display on modern web pages, I don't see ads, annoying pop-ups or any of the other crap they attempt to load their 'community' down with.

If you're running another flavor of browser, you may be able to find a scripting intercept program for that browser, but Firefox is what I run, so my expertise is limited to add-ons for that alone.

Best of luck

On Sat, Nov 24 at 09:22 AM PST, knotinthislife wrote:

Love the hyper-sexualized Taboola suggestive entries. (NOT)
    IS THIS NOW THE HUSTLER-LARRY FLYNT edition?

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Ads.

To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://helpdesk.dailykos.com, visit this page

4. 4 Posted by bakeneko on 25 Nov, 2018 07:05 PM

I received a copy of a similar message from hdrinehart01 suggesting running NoScript and/or an ad blocker, but it doesn’t show up in that thread now, so I assume it was deleted. Not helpful anyway.

Canceling a subscription to Daily Kos is, IMHO, a pretty stupid and thoughtless suggestion to make here in the first place, but secondly, this pop-up malware has only been occurring on mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.), so the suggestion of running NoScript is worthless, as it isn’t available for mobile devices.

Even worse, in that other (now deleted) comment, was the suggestion that Daily Kos was intentionally allowing this pop-up malware to propogate.

The only thing that stopped them for me was installing Firefox Focus and enabling it as a content blocker in Safari Settings.

5. 5 Posted by njm5000 on 26 Nov, 2018 06:08 AM

Thanks.

6. njm5000 closed this discussion on 26 Nov, 2018 06:08 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac