my lifetime subscription

Leslie in KY

17 Nov, 2018 03:12 PM

I have a lifetime subscription (just checked to see if I could buy a subscription and it said I couldn't because I have a lifetime subscription). I thought I had one but was not sure. But I have had ads for a long time now when logged in, and yesterday had the annoyance of the pop up problem on my iPad, which I cleared up by clearing everything under settings etc. eventually (second try).
but why do I have ads if I have a lifetime subscription?

1. 1 Posted by Nova Land on 17 Nov, 2018 06:35 PM

There's an option to hide ads and an option to show ads. If you're seeing ads, it probably means your option is set to show rather than hide.

Check your profile page. On the right-hand side, look in the Welcome Back box. The bottom line says EDIT PROFILE. The line above that says SHOW MESSAGES. Now, what does the line above that say?

If it says SHOW ADS, it means your option is currently set to hide ads. But if it says HIDE ADS, it means your option is currently set to show ads.

If you're seeing ads, I suspect your option is currently set for showing them. Solution is simple. Click the line which says HIDE ADS. That should cause the ads to be hidden.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by elfling on 17 Nov, 2018 08:24 PM

This nasty popup ad did appear for subscribers and it absolutely shouldn't have. We're aggressively (a) blocking the responsible entity and (b) looking for the bug in our code that allowed advertisers to go past that. Our apologies, and we'll be sure to spread our crankiness to every responsible entity.

3. elfling closed this discussion on 17 Nov, 2018 08:24 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac