can't create an account

Nomadsusie (unverified)

16 Nov, 2018 07:55 PM

When attempting to create an account, the form says zip code cannot be verified. I tried several zip codes to see if it was just mine (04915), but the same for other valid zips, as well.

1. 1 Posted by Nomadsusie (unv... on 16 Nov, 2018 08:05 PM

Here is a screen shot of my failed attempt to create an account.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 16 Nov, 2018 10:19 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.
    The screenshot you included is very helpful indeed. It shows what ISN'T there that should be: a captcha verification. So, it's not exactly the zipcode that can't be verified, it's the whole process (confirming that you are a not a robot). I am inferring that you have some sort of extension on your browser to prevent captchas?
    Please try the signup process on a private or incognito window, and the captcha should show up. Completing it should then permit the sign-up process to behave properly for you.
    We appreciate your support of the mission of the site.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 16 Nov, 2018 10:19 PM.

4. Susan Dexter re-opened this discussion on 17 Nov, 2018 11:49 AM

5. 3 Posted by Susan Dexter (u... on 17 Nov, 2018 11:49 AM

Thanks for the suggestion…..no go in private window….and no extensions….I do “recaptcha” all the time…in fact during a couple of attempts at Kos before I requested help.

The screen shot was only the last of the numerous attempts to create and account. On two of them, there were captcha questions….14 minus 4….and the 2nd month of the year. Even then, the message about the zip code remained.

Now when I try, even in a private window, the captcha isn’t there. So, there’s something funky on at least 2 fronts…..zip code and captcha.

Any other suggestions….I really wanted to comment on the Bruce Poloquin post.

Susan Dexter

“Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us.” -- Jerry Garcia.

6. 4 Posted by Susan Dexter (u... on 17 Nov, 2018 12:45 PM

Never mind…..I persisted and finally got through the process….not in a private window.

Again, thanks for responding yesterday.

Susan Dexter

“Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us.” -- Jerry Garcia.

7. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 17 Nov, 2018 01:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac