pop-up unusable except when running browser full screen

Pete Wilson (unverified)

15 Nov, 2018 09:42 PM

The design of a pop-up that you use in your non phone formatted pages (in my case a laptop) does not allow the reader to respond to the pop-up. I presume that I am not alone in this.
None of my windows are run full screen. I use the full area of my desktop. Your pop-up’s purpose is to inform the user that there is a petition that could be signed. However since the pop-up is positioned so that the action response button is on the lower right side of the pop-up when the pop-up comes up in a non full screen use the "Add your name" button is inaccessible and invisible. The solution to this non user friendly situation is for your coders to move the pop-up to the top of the screen then the "Add your name" button is visible and accessible. You position the pop-up five to seven lines down from the top and then you put the "Add your name" button in the lower right side of the pop-up making the pop-up useless for someone who uses screen area for multiple windows.
Because of the way that you have coded the pop-up the mouse wheel does not work to get the foreground pop-up positioned so that one can use the "Add your name" button. Change the coding so the mouse can be used or the pop-up occurs on the page at a higher position or the "Add your name" button is accessible from the top of the pop-up. Not everyone uses the computer in the same way so your design should accommodate all users. Thank you for your attention to this issue.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• daily_Kos.doc 581 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac