Civiqs Banner

carew388

20 Oct, 2018 02:17 AM

How do I disable the Civiqs banner which distracts from reading and replying to DKOS diaries?
 Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Moderator1 on 20 Oct, 2018 06:59 PM

Thanks for your query.

elfling posted a diary discussing the new banner here: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/10/19/1805796/-Our-Spiffy-New...

and the Dev team is reading all comments, so please weigh in there with any suggestions.

For now you can stop the banner from scrolling by clicking on the arrow on the right, though this only works for each page load.

2. 2 Posted by anotherdemocrat on 22 Nov, 2018 06:09 PM

My computer has started freezing up a lot since the Civiqs banner. It could be a coincidence, but I think its related. There's no way to disable it? I know you can't tailor things to those of us with 5 year old laptops, but any help?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by elfling on 23 Nov, 2018 05:01 PM

The Civiqs banner is really lightweight and I think not likely to be the source of your problem. Are you viewing the site with ads on? I'm wondering if the problem might be coming from there.

4. 4 Posted by Sylv on 23 Nov, 2018 07:48 PM

I have ads off but have noticed a slowing, and a decrease in the number of DK tabs I can have open without having to do a new reload of each page since the Civiqs banner’s arrival. I’d rather have a simple link that I can click on if I’m interested in the Civiqs polls. Also the pop-up is back so off to delete data. I will keep check through the help desk to see when it’s eradicated.

5. 5 Posted by anotherdemocrat on 24 Nov, 2018 07:36 PM

I have ads off, was one of the lucky lifetime subscription people. But like I said, my laptop is older - 5 or 6 years. But wow my computer crashes a lot, and its since the banner.

6. 6 Posted by anotherdemocrat on 28 Nov, 2018 07:51 PM

This is more technical than I get. When I get home, I'll search for this "no script" - in the Firefox settings? Thank you.

On Saturday, November 24, 2018, 11:03:27 PM CST, hdrinehart01 <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac