email notification of a reply to diary entry

auapplemac

18 Oct, 2018 04:59 PM

I just started receiving email notification when someone responds to diary comments. I did not choose the option. My laptop email account is being drowned by these replies.

How do I stop these emails?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 18 Oct, 2018 10:57 PM

Thanks for asking, and sorry you're being inundated.
    There are two steps you can and should take. One is available through the emails you receive. Within each notification email you will see "Post a Reply" which is a link that will open the comment page for you to respond. Right next to that big orange button is a smaller link in gray, "Stop following this discussion." Clicking that will take you to a confirmation page for that option. So that will put a stop to the notifications you're getting on a particular comment. Clicking to stop the notifications in the topmost comment of yours will suffice for all the child comments.
    The other step you should take is found within the comment box for each reply. There is a checkbox next to the instruction, "Email me when someone replies to my comment." It is checked by default. If it is checked the next time you want to post a comment, then uncheck the box. That status is supposed to be "sticky" in the one state unless and until you check/uncheck it again.
    Unfortunately, we've been getting some reports for a while that the notification status is NOT as stable as it is supposed to be, but we've not been able to pin it down and see it in action yet.
    Hope this explanation helps.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 18 Oct, 2018 10:57 PM.

3. auapplemac re-opened this discussion on 24 Oct, 2018 11:02 PM

4. 2 Posted by auapplemac on 24 Oct, 2018 11:02 PM

Regarding the second suggest: the email reply checkbox rarely appears in my comments. Extremely inconsistent.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac