Background apps

Michael McKenna (unverified)

04 Oct, 2018 04:59 PM

I notice recently that an ad or something is running in the background. Look but I cannot find it. Even when I go to task manager.
Any hints?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 04 Oct, 2018 06:15 PM

Hmmm.
    When you say "running in the background," is it interfering with your site use? Is it an audio, and if so is it audible?
    We definitely do have multiple ads on the site, but unless it's an autoplay audio there's relatively little we can do to change it.

2. 2 Posted by Michael McKenna... on 04 Oct, 2018 07:08 PM

Doesn't interfere except I can hear it. So it's just audible. I keep looking for an ad on the borders that may be running but can't find it. Big fan of the site, it's just a pain.Thanks for your attention

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎October‎ ‎4‎, ‎2018‎ ‎11‎:‎16‎:‎03‎ ‎AM‎ ‎PDT, Daily Kos Staff <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv4282858571 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv4282858571 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac