Facebook

Hippie1966

30 Sep, 2018 09:38 PM

I am unable to share to Facebook with my desktop computer. Window 10 64-bit.

1. 1 Posted by Hippie1966 on 30 Sep, 2018 09:43 PM

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. 2 Posted by Hippie1966 on 30 Sep, 2018 09:44 PM

Is there anyone monitoring this board?

3. 3 Posted by Hippie1966 on 30 Sep, 2018 09:47 PM

?????

4. 4 Posted by Hippie1966 on 30 Sep, 2018 09:48 PM

Well, this is just ducky. Thanks, nobody.

5. 5 Posted by Nova Land on 01 Oct, 2018 03:42 AM

There are help desk people who read and reply to threads, but they have a lot of other work which takes higher priority so it is often several hours before they see and can reply to a thread -- and may even be a day or two before they see and can reply if the discussion thread is posted on the weekend, since they are occasionally allowed to take time off.

Hang in there patiently, and there's a fair chance you'll get an answer some time Monday.

You might also look at some of the other threads which have been posted over the past month, as I'm fairly sure some other people wrote in about problems they were having with Facebook and it may be the advice for their problems they were given will be helpful to you with yours.

6. 6 Posted by Hippie1966 on 01 Oct, 2018 12:23 PM

Thanks. But I tapped on some of the threads and nothing happened. Obv
    it's me or the phone. Thanks for letting me know about their response
    time. I ass/u/me d it would be fairly fast, as on some other sites. When
    no one tells you, you don't know. Have a day!

7. 7 Posted by Nova Land on 01 Oct, 2018 02:13 PM

Here's a link to one of the recent help desk discussion threads about someone with a Facebook problem which sounds similar to yours. Not sure if the advice Eyesbright and the help desk gave that person would work for your problem, but thought if you checked the past help desk threads related to Facebook problems you might find the answer you're looking for (while you're waiting for the help desk folks to discover this thread and reply to you.)

There's a Search box near the top of the page. If you enter Facebook into it and click, it will bring up a long list of discussion threads which have been posted here at the help desk related to Facebook. You can then sort by either relevance or by date to see if you can find one which discusses the same problem you're having and contains a help desk answer.

I'm sorry I can't help you, but I'm not on Facebook and know virtually nothing about how it works. But I think there have been a number of help desks threads started this past year by people who were having Facebook problems similar to the one you're having, there's a decent chance one of those threads will contain either the answer to your problem or information which will put you on the right track (while you're waiting for help desk people to discover, read, and reply to this thread you've started).

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 01 Oct, 2018 02:17 PM

Thanks for your query, Hippie1966.
    Thanks, Nova Land, for attempting to help.

It's not entirely clear to me that this is the problem you're having with sharing our posts to FB, since you don't provide much detail, but it is worth a try.

Some browser extensions designed to protect users' internet privacy do so by blocking requests to tracking 3rd party services. We see it most commonly when people have difficulty sharing stories to Facebook. "Disconnect" is one example of this kind of add-on or plug-in, but there is a whole class of them.

If this is the case for your browser, it's probably possible for you to disable this extension for Daily Kos if you choose. In any case, you may still share posts via copy&paste to your own timeline, though that's not as convenient as using the share button.

We appreciate your support of the site.

9. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 01 Oct, 2018 02:17 PM.

10. Hippie1966 re-opened this discussion on 01 Oct, 2018 04:29 PM

11. 9 Posted by Hippie1966 on 01 Oct, 2018 04:29 PM

Well, I have been accused of brevity, so I’ll try again. 

I’ve been reading the Kos for maybe a year now, and I have never been able to share an article directly to Facebook, except using my Android phone, when I’m on my desktop which is out in my studio, where I usually spend my day. Flipping back and forth between the two to do this is a royal pain in the butt, to say the least. So, I signed up with you with an account hoping this would help. It didn’t. (I use the Facebook buttons when trying to share from the desktop, on the phone I use the three lines at the top, then share directly to Facebook.)

My desktop is primarily what I use-Windows 10, 64-bit. My search engine of choice is Mozilla Firefox. I found out last night, after my phone died, that it uses Chrome as its search engine. Maybe that is what makes the difference? Accessing your help articles is impossible as well---I have no idea why. I just saw Nova Land included a direct link, so I will try checking that out.

I honestly can’t think of anything else to tell you. Hope this helps!?

Hippie1966

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac