Lost comments

gchaucer2

25 Sep, 2018 03:28 AM

Hi! I used to be able to start a comment then go to another tab to find more info then come back and finish the comment. E.g. Want to add a couple more references or Youtube videos.

Now, if I leave the comment disappears. Also, all the new comments don't register. Is there something wrong with my computer or is this a new annoying feature? I don't understand why I can't add info to my comment because it is lost.

Thanks.
gchaucer2

P.S. No rush -- I'm going to bed anyway and this isn't an emergency.

1. 1 Posted by Timaeus (unveri... on 25 Sep, 2018 05:49 PM

This may be related to your using tabs. I've never liked browser tabs. If I want to keep a page up while going somewhere else, I just open a new instance of the browser. (I use Firefox.) Doing it that way, I never lose comments.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 25 Sep, 2018 06:31 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

This doesn't seem quite right to me either, but I will double-check to make sure.
    What browser are you using? And have you changed your setup in any way lately?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac