Firefox (64 bit) display is not at all right

paz3

24 Sep, 2018 05:29 PM

I use Firefox to browse DKos. It's the 64 bit version. I keep this browser up to date, regularly. Just downloaded the latest version. 62.0.2

This morning (Sept. 24), when I opened Daily Kos, two things were (badly) amiss:

One - each image/picture in each story is displayed twice, one just below the other.
Two - the column that shows the headlines of stories, with column headings (Community, Most popular, etc.) along the right side of the display is completely missing!

Help, for sure!

1. 1 Posted by siab on 24 Sep, 2018 06:46 PM

Same version here, but no problems. The second item you're describing is one that is a feature for me; with 130% zoom, and the browser at about 80% of the screen width, I get a beautiful wide column for diaries, with a much wider display of comments - especially those at the farthest right tab. Works on everything in DK5 except the Front Page. You might want to check your zoom and browser width to see if anything has changed for you.

I will note that a number of people do double up on the main image, putting it both in the main Image location and also at the top of the diary, so it's possible you simply ran into a couple of diaries of that type. If they're all doubling, I don't have a guess.

I imagine this will be picked up by someone on Staff fairly shortly - hopefully they will have a more precise answer for you.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac