Kos connections

Carol Sorum (unverified)

24 Sep, 2018 02:41 PM

Hi,
I read Daily Kos daily and try to fill in all polls and opinions. Lately though, when I press to sign a petition, it goes to the page, it flickers then is gone with Kos end page. Feels like it's being manipulated to NOT record opinions or let me fill out a petition. I do call many times as well.
Thank you for your work.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 25 Sep, 2018 03:03 AM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

If you are directed to an empty page (except for header/footer) on the site, instead of a petition to sign, the cause is almost certainly an add-on or extension that is preventing the petition from loading properly. Try to open the site in a private or incognito window, which will disable ALMOST all extensions. (Ad blockers seem to be the most common culprit.) If the petition loads there, then you know that's the source of the problem.

The one exception we've noted so far to the general rule that private browser windows disable extensions is Ghostery. That one seems to persist regardless, so if you do have it, you may have to decide to disable it when you read Daily Kos, or when you want to sign a petition. I don't know the extension well enough to know whether there are special settings within it that might permit you to reach a petition page.

We appreciate your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 25 Sep, 2018 03:03 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac