Every diary now has checked at the bottom "Email me when someone replies to my comment".

niemann

20 Sep, 2018 07:18 PM

I went to my profile and under the preference box it still shows I have that "email me ..." feature switched OFF. So why is it automatically doing it anyway?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 21 Sep, 2018 12:47 PM

Hello, and thanks for your question.

There are actually two processes here, and two different indicators.

The option you have on your profile page reads: "Email me when I get a message." Here, a message means Kosmail (private message), not comments.

The option to get replies to your COMMENTS is the line at the bottom of the draft reply box in every comment: "Email me when someone replies to my comment." There is a little checkbox at the left of that line. It is blue with a white checkmark when it's on, and a blank box when it is off.

You have the option to change your preference for EVERY comment. So, you can uncheck the box if you're simply making a one-word reply, and check the box if you're saying something more substantive. The choice you make, whenever you make it, should stick, however, in either condition you choose, until you change it again. Usually it does, though we have had reports of occasional slippage.

I hope that helps clarify the difference.

Thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 21 Sep, 2018 12:47 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac