The freaking popup ad!!!

JW guide (unverified)

19 Sep, 2018 01:55 PM

Dear Daily Kos, I read this site at least twice a day. I respect the Daily Kos as an independent voice in the hyper news cycle. I donate to many of the causes mentioned here and reccomend this site to friends and associates as a a refreshing and independent take on an ever evolving political crisis.
Today's mucky and frustrating pop up ad makes a wonderful straightforward site annoying and irritating and does nothing to enhance or promote ideas, liberal thinking or anything other than annoyance!
I realize that this is a capitalist society and every enitity needs funding but I sincerely feel that you have betrayed your audience, principals and heart with this.
The site is virtually unreadable and I will be going elsewhere from now on.
I feel sure republicans, fox news and the appalling pretender president are applauding. The rest of us weep.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by Nova Land on 20 Sep, 2018 10:39 PM

sjadam, hi! I wanted to let you know that the problem you're experiencing is not that people are sending you their complaints, even though when you look at your e-mail it looks that way. What's happening is that when a person posts a comment in one of these help desk threads they are automatically subscribed to receive updates on the thread in the form of e-mails containing the text of additional comments posted.

There's a simple way to stop this from happening. After you post a comment, look at the top of the page. There's a box on the right. Before you post any comments to a thread, that box reads SUBSCRIBE TO UPDATES. After you post a comment, you are subscribed and the box reads UNSUBSCRIBE FROM UPDATES. If you don't want to receive e-mails containing all the comments posted after yours, click that UNSUBSCRIBE button. The unwanted e-mails should stop coming.

EDITED TO ADD: Oops, no -- I'm mistaken. I just commented, but that box still reads SUBSCRIBE TO UPDATES for me rather than UNSUBSCRIBE FROM UPDATES, so I guess one is not automatically subscribed when one comments.

But I still think that being subscribed to updates is the problem. Perhaps you pressed the SUBSCRIBE button by mistake. Anyway, check to see if you are subscribed, and if you are press the UNSUBSCRIBE button. That should fix the problem.

2. 32 Posted by Magyok (unverif... on 21 Sep, 2018 02:40 AM

I sign a lot of petitions and am happy to do so, especially in regards to endangered species. However, it is unconscionable to blackmail Daily Kos readers into signing ANYTHING. In fact, it is really stupid and a great way to alienate all your readers. Why are you doing this??? Readers of the DA are already motivated to help with environmental issues. A banner at the top or sidebar request about the WWF would have sufficed, OR a simple email to DK users. What were you thinking??? Absolutely infuriating, and you have the gall to tell me that the problem is my computer. I can not get information from the DK so I will quit trying.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac