Using Safari, petition pages are blank

Linda Ahart (unverified)

07 Sep, 2018 03:26 PM

I can bring up Daily Kos petition pages fine with Chrome, but when using Safari, the petition shows for a second, or not at all. All I see is the Daily Kos banners across the top and bottom of the page (see attached screenshots).

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 07 Sep, 2018 04:05 PM

Thanks for the alert. The screenshots and details you provided are very helpful. We'll investigate.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 07 Sep, 2018 04:18 PM

More questions for you:

Can you get a regular Daily Kos story to show up for you on Safari?
    Can you get the petition page to show up for you on Safari in a private window?

I'm following up because the petition page displays fine for me on Safari, so I am wondering if you have an extension on that browser that is interfering with the page load for a petition. Using a private window is a good diagnostic tool.

Thanks for your help with troubleshooting.

3. 3 Posted by LAhart (unverif... on 10 Sep, 2018 04:06 PM

Yes, I can bring up a regular Daily Kos story (see screenshot).

Opening a private window does not solve the problem. In the following screenshot, the page on the left is a regular window; the page on the right is a private window.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 10 Sep, 2018 08:31 PM

Thanks for the follow-up and for the very helpful screenshots.
    I'm going backwards a little bit now but for the sake of thoroughness I have to ask you this as well: Have you recently cleared your cache and cookies for the site? Then closed your browser and rebooted? It's not terribly likely that stale data is the cause of interference here but there's also nothing wrong with starting from a clean slate.
    I'll check out other possibilities too while you're investigating that fix.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 10 Sep, 2018 09:01 PM

All right, and now one more suggestion.
    It's possible that you still have Ghostery (we think) running in the background of your private window. Please check to see if that's also disabled when you try this test. It's one of the most frequent sources of software conflicts.
    Thanks!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2018-09-07_at_11.24.46_AM.png 419 KB
  • Screen_Shot_2018-09-07_at_11.25.05_AM.png 277 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac