website

Penelope Brown (unverified)

01 Sep, 2018 07:53 PM

Since yesterday (Friday 8/31), there has been something wrong with your site. The page looks white as it's starting to open but then it shrinks and there are purple margins with lots of very busy text (lists of people endorsing a candidate for something somewhere - but nothing is known about her except her endorsers).

The links to the other diaries that are listed along the right side of the page are gone. This is causing confusion to my Daily Kos addiction, which compels me to read through all the diaries listed on the right. Now that they're gone, I'm finding it close to impossible to read. I'm not able to find the rest of the articles in the dropdowns at the top.

I have refreshed and refreshed, restarted the computer, refreshed some more... I hope you can fix this

thanks Penelope

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 05 Sep, 2018 02:54 AM

Hello, and thanks for reporting this problem.

You are right, there is a new sort of ad that we have just launched. But the ad should NOT make it impossible to read or to access the posts in the right sidebar -- Community Spotlight, Recommended, Most Shared, and Recent Posts. So if you cannot see that section, something is amiss. (The ad will make the whole site narrower, but it will not eliminate the right side completely.)

Could you please tell us the operating system and browser you use, so that we can try to track down this problem? Also, do you have your site displayed at full width, or is it narrowed by chance? Thank you for your help with troubleshooting.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac