Can't Save Work

Kestrel

31 Aug, 2018 11:29 PM

I've been working on a new post and have been saving new work to the post periodically throughout the day. I tried saving my most recent text and received this message: "www.dailykos.com says There was an error with updating the editor." I opened a new browser so I could look at what part of my work didn't save -- and I discovered none of it had. All the text I'd created and saved was not there. Now I'm stuck. I have a lengthy post for a dkos group I belong to that I need to post. But I can't save it. Can you help?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 04 Sep, 2018 09:41 PM

Oh dear.
    I'm very sorry we didn't see your message in a timely way.
    Unfortunately, no, we have no way to retrieve drafts that have never been published.
    It's painful to lose all that work and time, no doubt about it.
    Often, people do compose offline in a program that can be more readily saved, so as not to be dependent on the internet connection at a point when you do want to save content. If you encounter something similar again, it might -- no guarantees -- be possible to find a previous version still on your browser via the back button, but that would be a long shot.
    Clearly you found a workaround, judging from the lovely post you put up on Sunday (and happy belated birthday to you, too).
    Thanks for the labor of love, quite a gift you offered on your own special day.

PS -- It is possible that the glitch that cost you your draft also confounded the post under construction so much that it was compromised from that point forward. In such a case, your only option is to start a new draft from scratch.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 04 Sep, 2018 09:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac