links from front page go to 404

Besame

24 Aug, 2018 05:26 PM

Been happening repeatedly for the past 10 min or so - not every time but 80%. When a story does load, the comments don't load with it. I might see the comment # is 15, for ex, but the page ends at the bottom of the story text with the Rec and Share Buttons. Also happens (404) when clicking from the perl pages like on Hidden or My Comments. Happened a few times last night but not as frequently (or I just wasn't trying as much). I just cleared cache, history last night so it isn't me. (macbook pro High Sierra 10.13.6 Chrome whatever version is most up to date)
404 Not Found
nginx/1.14.0

1. 1 Posted by allergywoman on 24 Aug, 2018 05:27 PM

Happening for me, too. I can't even bring up my own comments.

2. 2 Posted by Besame on 24 Aug, 2018 05:28 PM

Just went back to DK FP and the right panel doesn't load properly now. Took 3 tries to get back here from the Help link at top of page because went to 404 message instead. Screen shot of FP.

3. 3 Posted by Franks Human on 24 Aug, 2018 05:41 PM

Yes, this and similar things are happening to me. (I just posted about mine and then saw yours here.) Mine also includes that I can't Rec comments. I logged out and then I could not log in for a time (the 404 error box came up instead of log in info). Help Desk, see mine for possible additional conditions where this is happening.

4. 4 Posted by Pariah Dog on 24 Aug, 2018 05:43 PM

I'm having mondo problems too. I successfully posted a comment - but only after three tries. Several times the comment section won't load. Now I can't rec a comment - "there was an error." I thought perhaps it was Firefox (which is getting suckier by the day) so I utilized my ancient edition of IE to see if that made a diff. Not much.

I got a 404 several times trying to get to the help desk, but when I opened it an another tab it worked.

Looks like something is flooey, or we've been hacked.

5. 5 Posted by bleeding blue on 24 Aug, 2018 05:51 PM

I'm finding this problem too intermittently. Some diaries are OK, but I can't get into the comment sections of others.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Moderator1 on 24 Aug, 2018 05:53 PM

https://status.dailykosmedia.com/
    "8/24/18 10:20 am PDT. We’re aware of some intermittent errors and are working on it. Trying again/refreshing the page generally is resolving the issue for the user."

7. 7 Posted by Puddytat on 24 Aug, 2018 06:05 PM

Thanks. It's happening less, but still happening.

8. 8 Posted by allergywoman on 24 Aug, 2018 06:23 PM

Yup. Took me five tries to post a comment.

9. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 24 Aug, 2018 07:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac