Clicking on an article opens multiple copies

cls180

22 Aug, 2018 05:29 PM

This is a recent phenomena but if I click on an article, it opens multiple copies of said article. I end up hitting the back button 5 or 6 times to get back to previous screen. This is happening across all my devices. What gives?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 22 Aug, 2018 06:06 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

That kind of problem sounds like something related to your system, rather than something arising from our site. Have you installed anything recently? And when you say "multiple copies," are you saying multiple tabs, or (somehow) multiple layers of the same story within one tab?

One easy way to test for extension incompatibility is to open our site in a private or incognito window. That process disables all extensions so you see how your browser will behave with the site.

You've opened a public ticket here, however, so perhaps other users will respond with similar problems. I'll leave it open awaiting more information.

2. 2 Posted by cls180 on 22 Aug, 2018 06:22 PM

I would say it’s more like multiple layers. Up until very recently, hitting the back button would take me back to the previous screen, now I have to hit back multiple times to do so. If I pull up the history, you can see the same article listed multiple times. This is happening on all my devices. I am all Apple if that helps. I’d say all this started within the last month. It’s not a big deal, just kind of annoying.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 22 Aug, 2018 06:26 PM

Hmm. OK. Well, we'll keep it open and I'll do some experimenting. Do please try the little diagnostic trick and see if it reveals anything.
    Safari, then? Which version?

4. 4 Posted by cls180 on 22 Aug, 2018 06:52 PM

IOS 11.4.1 on my phone. I use Safari on my phone and Chrome on my Mac

Sent from my iPhone

5. 5 Posted by blueaustin on 08 Sep, 2018 12:58 AM

I recently started having this problem using Safari (11.1.2) running on Mac OS High Sierra (10.13.6). When I click on a diary, the URL for a given page shows up multiple times in history requiring multiple clicks on the back button to get back to the home page. Tried the suggestion of opening in private window and problem was not present. However, I have no extensions installed on my browser so not sure what the solution is.

6. 6 Posted by gary (unverifie... on 08 Feb, 2019 11:33 PM

Just opened a story "Jeff bezo's may have outdone Carol Burnett".

Read the story. Hit the back button and I stayed on the same page. Right click on the back button and see there are 8 "multiples" of said story. Went to "Incognito Window" and opened same story, scrolled to bottom and 9 multiples were there. (it would take hitting the back button 9 times. . .

I've noticed this started about 2 weeks ago to a lesser degree. Mac - Mojave 10.14.2 w/ Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Gilmore is my Kos name. UID 124013

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 08 Feb, 2019 11:52 PM

Hmmm. It does seem like something we need to investigate further. Thanks for raising it again.

8. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 15 May, 2019 01:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac