I want to stop getting Daily Kos emails

Eleanor Batchelder (unverified)

21 Aug, 2018 09:43 PM

I have unsubscribed at the bottom of the page numerous times, to no avail. I have been careful not to sign any Daily Kos petitions -- unless there are petitions that are not labeled as Daily Kos but nevertheless subscribe me to the DK list. I do not believe I am getting emails at any other address. Let me know what is happening. I see complaints here like me going back at least to 2016, and yet you keep saying that you REALLY don't want people to get mail from you against their will.

I have now obtained a login, and I have not marked this discussion private -- in hopes that I will get an answer. Thanks...

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 22 Aug, 2018 03:45 AM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

It does seem inordinately complicated sometimes. Part of the difficulty is that there are actually multiple lists with slightly different aims and audiences. Unsubscribing from one will not remove you from all.

So I see that you have managed, just today, to unsubscribe yourself from the last of our separate lists. The system should update overnight, and tomorrow you should not get any emails at all. Please let us know here if you do get some on Thursday -- allowing one extra day for the system to process.

Yes, we do get many unsubscribe requests. And yet most people who want to unsubscribe succeed, like you, in achieving the desired result on their own. In the scheme of things, considering the volume of activity we have, our specific requests for help with the process seem to be within normal limits. That's not terribly satisfactory, of course, to the relatively small number of people who have difficulty.

I'll be watching for any follow-up from you noting that delivery still continues.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 22 Aug, 2018 03:45 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac