Why an I seeing ads?

Mopshell

17 Aug, 2018 01:11 PM

Why am I seeing ads when I have a valid subscription?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Moderator1 on 17 Aug, 2018 03:47 PM

Check your Profile settings and make sure Hide Ads is checked.

2. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 17 Aug, 2018 03:47 PM.

3. Mopshell re-opened this discussion on 17 Aug, 2018 06:36 PM

4. 2 Posted by Mopshell on 17 Aug, 2018 06:36 PM

No, it doesn't say that anywhere. What I am seeing on my profile is this: SUBSCRIBE TO HIDE ADS. But I have a current subscription.

I also received this email on 8/8/2018:

Dear Mopshell,

The recurring billing for your annual Daily Kos subscription has been placed on hold because you have either purchased a lifetime subscription or have been gifted a subscription. You won't be billed for your recurring subscription until your current subscription expires (or don't if its lifetime!).

If you have questions about subscriptions, please visit the helpdesk.

The Daily Kos Team

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 17 Aug, 2018 07:27 PM

Hi, Mopshell --

Apologies for that relatively uninformative and likely inaccurate error message.

I do not see any record of a gift subscription for you. I do see that there was a bit of overlap between two subscriptions.

One of them was created in 2017, and expired on Aug. 7. 2018. The other was created on July 7, 2018, and it was apparently supposed to be processed on Aug. 8th, when the earlier one expired. For some reason we do not know here, the billing for this new subscription was not successful.

At this point, we can't ourselves authorize another billing attempt. We don't have the capacity or the necessary information. From what I can tell, however, you were not ever charged for the new subscription, so an attempt to sign up again (if possible, with a different card than you last used) would likely work without difficulty. If this does not succeed, of course we do want to know.

Thanks for asking, and thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac