Sign and send the petition: Save our health care. Reject Brett Kavanaugh's nomination

hubbardj

12 Aug, 2018 05:20 PM

In trying to fill in the fields to send a letter the only fields I can complete are my phone number. Entrys to Prefix or Letter Topic are not being accepted. Therefore I can not complete your form to protest Kavanaugh's nomination

1. 1 Posted by brianbogart on 12 Aug, 2018 09:04 PM

Yes, the field buttons do not work for prefixes and topics. Petition un-signable.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 13 Aug, 2018 05:05 PM

Hello, and thanks for your inquiry. We have ticketed the issue and developers are working on fixing it.

Meanwhile, if there is a petition you want to sign, but you find yourself stymied by the uncooperating Letter Topic dropdown (which does not offer any options and therefore blocks your submission of the letter) please try one or the other of these two workarounds.

(The second workaround is also relevant to any other problem with fields that will not accept your information.)

Workaround #1: When you reach the page where the Letter Topic dropdown seems to be stuck/non-functional, slide your cursor up a little so that it points at the gray space above it. The dropdown should appear then.

Workaround #2: Click on the petition title -- that is, the heading of the embed. That will redirect you to the petition page right away, and in that context there should be no misalignment for the dropdown.

We apologize for the awkwardness and frustration this problem has caused.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 13 Aug, 2018 05:05 PM.

4. hubbardj re-opened this discussion on 13 Aug, 2018 05:08 PM

5. 3 Posted by hubbardj on 13 Aug, 2018 05:08 PM

THANKS for the detailed explanation. I'll keep your suggestions for future
    need should it arise.

Regards
    Jeannie Hubbard

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 13 Aug, 2018 05:21 PM

You are welcome. Thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

7. 5 Posted by brianbogart on 14 Aug, 2018 12:22 AM

Thanks! Take care,
    Brian

8. 6 Posted by brianbogart on 14 Aug, 2018 12:30 AM

Thanks for the awesome tips, AND for all the great work you do everyday. I wish I had funds (disabled senior and Trump target), but I sign all petitions!

Very best wishes, I miss the Bay Area. Does a woman named Bev still work there?
    Thanks again,
    Brian

9. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 19 Aug, 2018 05:17 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac