Not getting my daily e-mail summary

Mrs Robinson

01 Jul, 2018 06:37 PM

I stopped getting the daily e-mail summary quite a while back. Can't find the place on the site to re-subscribe to it. (Did you just stop doing this? If so, why? It was my main access point to DK.)

I suspect this happened because one of the big services that IDs spam sites decided that my e-mail belonged to spammer. I got booted from a lot of e-mail lists before I got this fixed. Am now trying to get back on. Help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 02 Jul, 2018 02:26 AM

Thanks for asking.

I'm not sure what went awry. It does appear that you are back on the list now, however, so let's see if you get the emails tomorrow.

Let me also suggest a couple of steps you can take on your end. You will want to make sure that your email will accept mail sent from this address: campaigns AT dailykos DOT com (spelled out here to avoid our software filter). And you will also want to make sure that your email will not wrongly identify links that start with http://click.actionnetwork.org (and continue much longer) as spam.

We appreciate your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 02 Jul, 2018 02:26 AM.

3. Mrs Robinson re-opened this discussion on 02 Jul, 2018 03:56 AM

4. 2 Posted by Mrs Robinson on 02 Jul, 2018 03:56 AM

Definitely not in my spam filter, which I check and clean out regularly. It’s the first place I looked when the e-mails stopped coming. It’s not a holdup on my ISP’s server, either — the second thing I checked. It’s coming from your end.

My ISP account sat on a shared server with another account that was generating spam. Some while back, one of the big spam filtering services — perhaps one used by you — decided that everything on that server was spam, so I got unsubscribed from several newsletters issued by companies that used that service (including my local paper, for example). We’ve been working on fixing this for the past couple of months. My ISP swears they’ve cleared this up with the filtering service — and I’m now on my own VPN — so it should work. We’ll see in the morning, right?

5. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 10 Jul, 2018 08:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac