How do I get the emails to stop? I’ve unsubscribed to them.

John Smith (unverified)

22 Jun, 2018 04:19 PM

Short of legal action, how do I get these emails to stop? I’ve used a fictitious name and email for this question for fear I’ll be added to the mailing list again. Daily Kos was not authorized to begin with. In my state this is telecommunication harassment.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 22 Jun, 2018 04:51 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

We want our emails to go only to people who wish to receive them, and we are also committed to taking people off of the lists promptly when they don't want to get them. It's not in our interest, at all, not to respect and fulfill unsubscription requests.

We have confirmed with Action Network, our email manager, that they have had some software problems for a couple of days, which have led to failures to process some unsubscriptions. They have assured us they will backtrack to make sure that everyone who has unsubscribed is indeed unsubscribed, but have noted that process might take another day or two to complete.

I can appreciate your annoyance at this system failure. I can also appreciate that you might not want to supply your email address here so that we can verify the status of your subscription. But the way that people do get on the list is by signing petitions that we run. There is language within the petition block that explains the process.

We are very sorry that this mistake has occurred, and we will be watching to ensure that Action Network does handle these dropped requests appropriately. To some extent, we will also need individuals who find themselves in this situation to be willing to let us check their accounts specifically. Since you know how to access your Action Network account yourself, that may be superfluous in your case.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 22 Jun, 2018 04:51 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac