Trying to "Recommend" an article with the star-click, but now it reads "Unrecommend"

SpiritedOne

29 May, 2018 10:46 PM

Which is not my final intent. Shouldn't it read "Recommended" after I click the "Recommend" button or star?

1. 1 Posted by Flowergirl77 on 30 May, 2018 03:17 AM

I believe it changes to "Unrecommend" to give you the option to do that. If the button is orange and says "Unrecommend" you've rec'd successfully. If you hit the button again while it says "Unrecommend" you will be removing your rec. Basically, the Recommend button turns into the Unrecommend button once you click it.

I think I won the contest for number of times the word Unrecommend was used in a paragraph. :)

2. 2 Posted by SpiritedOne on 30 May, 2018 04:58 AM

LOL! Thanks! I don't remember it doing that a while back.

Could I make a suggestion to the powers-that-be to make it read "Recommended"?

Thanks so much...

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 30 May, 2018 02:24 PM

Hello, and thanks for your comment here. (Thanks also to Flowergirl77 for my first chuckle of the day).

Yes, you've done the correct thing, and yes, the display is a little disconcerting. Last I knew, we do have a design tweak in the works for that issue. It's not clear how long it will take to sort it out, but it'll happen relatively quickly.

We appreciate your support of the mission of the site, and your virtual applause for posts you like.

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 30 May, 2018 02:24 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac