Can't again find the petition to the NFL about kneeling

sal9000doll

25 May, 2018 10:34 PM

I believe, when I clicked on the 'America 1 Credit Union employee raises' story link on today's email from Daily KOS, I also got a link to sign a petition to the NFL to allow kneeling. I wanted to sign and leave a comment that:
"Kneeling has always been known as a sign of respect. A potential groom kneels to propose. Subjects of kings and queens used to have to kneel as a show of respect. Most, if not all, churches have padded kneeling bars for attendees to kneel in prayer as a sign of respect to God." NFL players kneeling during the anthem has always been respectful to the country, as if to ask that the righteousness of equality stated in the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, to be upheld by all people and officials in our country, asking that all people and officials everywhere, stand up for those principals everywhere in our country, including how they relate to inequality practised by police departments against people of color. Some players slipping on black arm bands and raising clenched fists, while remaining standing during the national anthem over the issue of inequality, could be stated by players to say the same thing, therefore that would also be respectful, but not quite as super respectfully and proudly said as kneeling says it." - Valerie Guthrie. Feel free to quote me or use these words for the cause.
The technical snafu is that, when I pressed the back button on my Android phone to check the spelling of 'kneeling', I couldn't re-aquire the survey the same way, or find it, to complete it.
Also, beings that it can be somewhat time consuming to leave comments, all petition signing pages with comments ought to be programmed, so people can bookmark them or 'share' a link to their email address to their comment entry, and add a comment or edit their comment later.
You could also add a link to your newsletter emails to reach a list of all your current petitions and even make your petitions list searchable by keywords if it's often extensive. Thanks for your efforts!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 29 May, 2018 10:19 PM

Hello, and thanks for your comments and suggestions.

I can help you with some of them, and explain the situation with some others. Let me also say that your comment was a good one, and I'm sorry it was lost along the way.

This is likely the link that you reached: https://www.dailykos.com/campaigns/petitions/sign-if-you-agree-no-p...

You would be able to find it in a couple of ways, though it may well be preferable to be able to use the back button. (Might your Android browser open a separate window for the petition instead?) One of them is to return to your email and reopen the link to that page. Another, perhaps more laborious, would be to search the Daily Kos site for a story with NFL in the title. Either of those methods would have gotten you back to the story with the embedded petition.

But you are correct that there is no saved draft of a petition once you leave that page. We have discussed whether to redesign the petitions slightly, to provide a warning message to people before they leave the page (for whatever reason) before submitting it. I will check to see if we have that change ticketed.

Once you reached that petition page, however, it does indeed have a unique URL which should be available for bookmarking. That URL can also be copied and pasted into an email, a FB status, or a Tweet. And if you look at the left margin of the petition page, you'll see the little FB f icon for sharing it that way, if you're so inclined.

You also raise an excellent point about searching the site for petitions. Now, we can search for a word or phrase in the text/title of posts, but not for petitions. Our search feature is undergoing development, so it's possible that addition is also in the works.

Meanwhile, you can at least review the list of the 20 current petitions by going to this link: https://www.dailykos.com/campaigns As it happens, this particular petition is not (and perhaps was not then) on the list, because we have a number of different ones that cycle on and off that list. But that's a good place to start.

Thanks for your good ideas, and thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 29 May, 2018 10:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac