Partial page loads are a problem this morning

siab

26 Apr, 2018 10:31 AM

So far, in the last two hours, I've had two single-page comment pages and two different diaries partially load and stop. In the case of the comment pages, only the headline/author's name came up, with the rest of the page a blank. In the case of the diaries, diary load was complete but no comments appeared. In all cases, refreshing the page solved the problem.

It might have happened once during the day yesterday, but I'm uncertain. I do know that it wasn't happening (on my system, at least) before yesterday. (talking relatively recent past here - there have been other times it's been a problem)

Oh - Firefox 59.0.2, Windows 8.1, Dell Inspiron 15 laptop.

1. 1 Posted by siab on 26 Apr, 2018 11:06 AM

Just got another one in a comment page - a little more data.

The tops rows are not loading completely - what shows up is "join the list" where I think the first envelope icon would normally be, and the help desk icon. No DK logo, no BlogIt!, no comment icon, no mail icon, no avatar, and the second line of News / Community / Action / Search is missing completely.

2. 2 Posted by siab on 26 Apr, 2018 11:12 AM

A third variation just now: DK logo shows up, and the second line is fully populated.

This one took two Reloads to come up fully.

3. 3 Posted by siab on 26 Apr, 2018 11:38 AM

I think I've described all the comment page load problems. They're coming up about every third page I check (I'm checking for "russian troll" comments at present, so I'm opening a lot of comment pages)

Just for old sake's sake, I've just cleared my cache, and I'll get back to you if it makes a difference.

4. 4 Posted by siab on 26 Apr, 2018 11:41 AM

Nope - just got another one

5. 5 Posted by siab on 26 Apr, 2018 12:09 PM

Oops - back to reading diaries, and just got one with a) problems with the top line as described in comment 2, second line loaded, Title, social media links and tags loaded, but the body of the diary and the comments are missing. Took something like six Reloads to bring up the whole thing, and this is a diary I'd commented in earlier.

6. 6 Posted by siab on 26 Apr, 2018 12:25 PM

Two additional notes and I'll quit for now; a) I did exit from the browser, give the system time to quit thrashing, and come back in - still partial loads b) no problems with DK4 pages that I've seen.

7. 7 Posted by PsychoSavannah on 26 Apr, 2018 12:34 PM

I have to click on the diary title 2, sometimes 3, times to get it to load all the way. Had same problem last night around midnight Eastern time.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 26 Apr, 2018 03:32 PM

Thank you for the alert; fortunately for the site and perhaps for you, other folks caught it before we were here on Helpdesk. The issue was indeed from our end and it should have been resolved by about 9 AM ET.

9. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 26 Apr, 2018 03:32 PM.

10. siab re-opened this discussion on 26 Apr, 2018 03:52 PM

11. 9 Posted by siab on 26 Apr, 2018 03:52 PM

Please pass on my heart felt thanks to them. Things do seem to be holding together now.

12. siab closed this discussion on 26 Apr, 2018 03:52 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac